Ankara, Turkey – Eastern Mediterranean message from Minister Akar
“The developments in the Eastern Mediterranean show that having a modern naval power is vital for our country,” said Minister Akar, who issued a message on the anniversary of the Preveza naval victory and Navy Day.
Minister of National Defense Hulusi Akar issued a message on the occasion of the 482nd anniversary of the naval victory of Preveza and the day of the Navy.
“The recent developments in the Eastern Mediterranean show that having a modern naval power is vital for our country. In this context, our work continues incessantly so that our Naval Forces can maintain their modern naval power qualities., ” he said.
The message, posted on the Defense Ministry’s website, said:
- Today, we are proud and excited to celebrate the 482nd anniversary of the”Preveza naval victory “and the ”Navy Day ” of our heroic sailors.
- The Preveza naval victory of the glorious Turkish Navy under the command of Kaptan-i Derya Barbaros Hayrettin Pasha on 27 September 1538 against the United Crusader Navy is a turning point in the history of the Mediterranean.
- With the naval victory of Preveza, the Turkish Navy became a naval power that could not be encountered, and the Mediterranean became a Turkish lake.
- This naval battle was won by the combat capabilities of our captains and heroic levents (sailors), who commanded the Turkish navy perfectly and relied on maritime procedures at the highest level.
- Turkish maritime history the maritime history of the world in the pages that marks the names of exceptional post and inspired by the success of our Marines, our naval forces are today in high-technology, well-trained and devoted staff with a hero “our blue homeland”is also effective, dissuasive, and continues to exist as a respected power, but also has undertaken various seas of the world with the international mission that contributes to World Peace.
- Recent developments in the Eastern Mediterranean show that having a modern naval power is vital for our country.
- In this context, our work continues incessantly so that our Naval Forces can maintain their modern naval power qualities.
- Our Naval Forces will reach a much stronger position with the realization of new naval systems projects, which are hand labored by our domestic and national defense industry, especially Milgem; it will continue to protect our rights, benefits, and interests with perseverance and determination in all seas, especially in the Aegean, Eastern Mediterranean and Black Sea.
- On the occasion of this meaningful day, I remember Gazi Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and his comrades, Barbaros Hayrettin Pasha, the architect of the Preveza naval victory, and our heroic sailors who have come to eternity, our holy martyrs with mercy, our heroic veterans with gratitude and gratitude.
- Admiral Adnan Özbal, commander of the Navy, especially the altruistic commander and his members who have worked hard to reach the present level of our Navy, celebrates with my most sincere feelings, wishing them successful missions without accidents, without trouble.
- Heroic Turkish sailors, your seas are calm, your bow is clear, your horizon and your luck are clear!