Ankara, Turkey – Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu made important statements at a joint press conference with Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto. “A significant amount of Europe’s security is in Turkey’s hands, “said Szijjarto, the Hungarian Minister.
Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu held a joint press conference with Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto. Cavusoglu said Turkey wants to improve its relations with the EU. “A significant amount of Europe’s security is in Turkey’s hands.” said.
Lines from Cavusoglu’s speech;
- In two meetings, we discussed Syria, the Eastern Mediterranean and Libya.
- Hungary is in favour of Turkey’s EU membership and the development of EU-Turkey relations.
- Hungary has always stood by Turkey on issues that Turkey is right about.
- We also want to improve our relations with the EU. But we’re not saying that because the EU summit starts tomorrow.
- There have been problems for reasons both from us and the EU.
Lines from Szijjarto’s speech;
Brussels maintains an irresponsible immigration policy.
- The EU should thank Turkey. They are home to 4 million immigrants.
- A significant amount of European security is in the hands of Turkey. The EU must pay the money it has promised Turkey.
- Turkey is a strategic partner for the EU in all respects. Double standards should be left against Turkey.