Baku, Azerbaijan – Tensions between Azerbaijan and Armenia, which began on September 27 in Nagorno-Karabakh, softened yesterday with Russia’s seizure of the situation. Just hours after the move, the Armenian army carried out a missile attack on Ganja, the second largest city in Azerbaijan, as the sides declared a humanitarian ceasefire. They were pronounced dead and wounded in the attack.

Strained relations between Azerbaijan and Armenia for many years, September 27, the parties to attack each other made it almost to the ceiling… was challenged on the grounds that it was edited when the clashes which lasted for a week, hundreds of people lost their lives and many injured and many homes and buildings have become available.

Although many countries have stepped in to stop this tension in Nagorno-Karabakh, which is occupied by Armenia, Azerbaijan and Armenia sat at the table the previous day with the mediation of Russia.

A large number of people were killed in the morning missile attack.

At 16:30 on Friday, the meeting between Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Ceyhun Bayramov, hosted by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, lasted about 11 and a half hours. After the meeting, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov read the meeting resolution.

Armenian forces targeted homes in the morning, not to mention civilians, elderly people and children.

As of 12:00 midnight on October 10, 2020, a ceasefire was announced, while Armenian forces violated this agreement only a few hours later.

During the last week, a missile attack was also carried out on the Armenian city of ganja. Armenia, which carried out a missile attack on Ganja, the second largest city in Azerbaijan with a population of 330 thousand, killed a large number of people and injured a large number of people.

As a result of the missile falling on the area where the houses were located, houses and vehicles were severely damaged, while some houses were completely destroyed. According to official sources, 5 people were killed and 28 were injured in the attack.

It was announced that a large number of people remained under the collapsed buildings.

“I have two sons, both of whom are fighting on the front lines, ” said Rahib Halilov, who lost his wife in the attack. One in Murov and the other in Gedebey. At night, as the missile came, it threw me out. I survived for him. It was two o’clock in the night, and the intensity of the explosion threw me out the window. My brother-in-law was seriously injured, and my wife died under the rubble. They barely pulled my wife out of the wreckage. Shrapnel had hit him on the head,” he said.

At least 5 civilians were killed in ganja, according to initial estimates.

“Some of our neighbors also lost their lives, ” Halilov said, noting that only civilians lived in the area. Some are still under the rubble. Rescue efforts are ongoing, ” he said.

Civilians were killed and injured in the attack, while officials are continuing to rescue citizens who were left under the rubble.

The Armenian army also attacked the second largest city in Azerbaijan last week.

The Armenian army, targeting civilians, killed a large number of people and wounded hundreds of others. Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry announced last week that 24 Azerbaijani civilians were killed, 121 injured and more than 300 settlements destroyed as a result of the Armenian attacks.

The main reason for the tension between Azerbaijan and Armenia is Nagorno-Karabakh… with the collapse of the Soviet Union, Karabakh became a region of tension between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Tensions have been escalating for more than 20 years, with the Armenians of Karabakh demanding that Karabakh be transferred from Soviet Azerbaijan to Soviet Armenia.

Despite the ceasefire between the sides, frequent clashes continue on the border between Azerbaijan and Armenia, which occupies the region. Tensions in the region are also being closely watched by the international public because of the gas and oil pipeline corridor in the region.

Khojaly Massacre was an incident of mass murder of Azerbaijani civilians by Armenian forces in Khojaly town in Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan on February 26, 1992 during the Karabakh War.

Armenian forces joined the 366th division in the region from 25 February to 26 February 1992. With the support of the input and output to close the first regiment the town of Khojaly in Azerbaijan according to official sources, 83 children, 106 women and more than 70 elderly people, including calm 613 killed, 487 persons were wounded. 1275 people were taken hostage and 150 people disappeared. Examination of the bodies showed that many of the bodies were burned, their eyes were gouged out, and their heads were cut off. Pregnant women and children have also been found to be exposed.

Armenia’s attack on civilians and the Khojaly massacre froze the blood of the international community.


The town of Khojaly, one of the most important hills of the Nagorno-Karabakh region, was an important military target for the Armenian forces. The town was located on the road connecting Khankendi and Aghdam and was the base for the region’s only airport. According to a report by Human Rights Watch, the town of Khojaly was being held by Armenian forces because it was used as a base by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, who were holding Khankendi to artillery fire.

After the capture of the town of Kerkicahan, which settled around Khankendi and was inhabited by Azerbaijanis in December 1991, the town of Khojaly remained completely under the Armenian blockade. As of October 30, transport by road was closed and the helicopter remained the only means of transport.

After the shooting down of a Mi-8 helicopter by Armenian forces in the skies of Khojavend on 20 November 1991, and the resulting death of 20 people, including several Azerbaijani state officials, Russian and Kazakh observers, air transport was also cut off. Before the occupation, Khojaly was constantly bombed during the winter months of 1991-1992. Refugees from Khojaly told Human Rights Watch that in some cases the bombardments were clearly directed against civilian targets. Before the attack, the town had been without electricity and gas for several months.