Baku, Azerbaijan – On the Armenian-Azerbaijani front line, tension rose in the region after Armenian forces opened fire on Azerbaijani civilian settlements around 06: 00 yesterday morning. Today, after the clashes, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry shared a list of Armenian soldiers killed. The ministry then warned the Armenian army, which continued to open fire on civilian settlements. Azerbaijani Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Leyla Abdullayeva described the latest situation in the region in the following words:

“I’d like to start with our condolences, our homeland. As of yesterday morning, steps were taken by the Azerbaijani army to respond to the Armenian Armed Forces.”

Unfortunately, among the civilian people, there are those who have lost their lives. So far, we have seen a lot of Armenia targeting civilians. As of this morning, shots were fired at the place where the civilians lived.

We are seeing all Azerbaijani civilians, schools and hospitals coming under fire from Armenia.

Azerbaijan is implementing its responses against enemies in its territory within its own national borders.

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry warned the Armenian army, which continues to open fire on civilian settlements.

“We warn Armenia for the last time,” the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said in a statement, noting that the Armenian army opened fire on the city of Terter in the morning. And we will respond to take precautions.”the statements were included.

Meanwhile, the Ministry shared aerial footage of the destruction of Tanks and armored vehicles belonging to Armenia in the clashes.

In the early hours of yesterday morning, clashes began on the Armenian-Azerbaijani front line after Armenian forces opened fire on Azerbaijani civilian settlements.

The Azerbaijani army launched a counteroffensive and liberated some settlements from occupation.

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry shared a list of new images from the front line and names of Armenian soldiers who were neutralized.

The Azerbaijani army, which responded harshly to the attacks launched by the Armenian army in the early hours of yesterday morning, made significant progress. Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry shared new images from the front line and a list of Armenian soldiers who were neutralized.

On the other hand, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry announced that 22 tanks, 15 OSA anti-aircraft, 18 UAVs belonging to Armenian troops were destroyed, while more than 550 soldiers serving in the Armenian army were killed.

The Azerbaijani army took control of some Heights around the village of Talish in a counterattack launched by Armenian forces after they opened fire on Azerbaijani civilian settlements.

In a statement, the Ministry of defense of Azerbaijan said that the positions of the Armenian army were hit by missiles and cannons, and the Armenian forces retreated.

It was reported that some Heights around the village of Talis, near the Terter region, were cleared from the occupying forces and Armenian forces suffered heavy losses.

The ministry also shared aerial images of the bodies of Armenian soldiers.

Effective response to Armenia’s vile attack!

The Nagorno-Karabakh crisis, which has been under occupation for more than 30 years between Azerbaijan and Armenia, was reignited yesterday by violent clashes. Although Saturday July’s conflict between the two countries led to a ceasefire, Armenian forces have been holding artillery fire on Azerbaijani positions since last Saturday evening, raising tensions. The Azerbaijani army also responded to the attacks yesterday.

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry officially announced yesterday that violent clashes with Armenia have begun on the entire front line. In a written statement, Armenia aimed to launch a planned new major war in the region, stating: “the Armenian side began to fire our positions along the entire front line using heavy weapons. Armenian artillery hits military targets as well as residential units close to the front line. There are casualties among the civilian population. The Azerbaijani army began to give the necessary response to the Armenian forces, which took an aggressive stance. 12 air defense launchers of the Armenians were destroyed. A military helicopter was shot down in the battle for air superiority. There were no casualties among the crew,” it said. Azerbaijan’s prosecutor general’s office reported that 5 people from the same family were killed as a result of a cannonball hit a house in the village of Kashalti. The Armenian side also declared 16 soldiers killed in the clashes.

Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said: “the blood of our martyrs will not remain on the ground. We destroyed military vehicles belonging to the Armenian army. We defend our own land. Karabakh is ours, Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan,” he said. Aliyev stressed that Azerbaijan has enough power to carry the war to the territory of Armenia, and said: “among the first goals of Armenia is the invasion of the territory of Azerbaijan. Their political goal is to try to weaken Azerbaijan with new invasions,” he said. “Armenia is doing everything it can to disrupt the negotiation process, ” Aliyev said, saying that the Armenian administration is trying to cover up economic and social problems in their country. And I can tell they did it. Because of Armenia’s hypocritical and non-constructive attitude, the talks have stopped,” he said.

The Azerbaijani army liberated some occupied settlements in a counterattack launched by Armenian forces after they opened fire on Azerbaijani civilian settlements. According to a statement from the Ministry of defense of Azerbaijan, a total of seven villages from the Fuzuli and Jabrayil regions, which have been occupied for many years, came under the control of the Azerbaijani army. It was also reported that the strategically important murovdag summit was also captured

Meanwhile, Araik Arutunyan, the so-called head of the separatist Karabakh administration, announced a military situation and mobilization in the Karabakh region as of yesterday. “The National Assembly of Karabakh met at my presidency in the morning and decided to mobilize,” Arutunyan’s office said in a statement. Armenia also declared a state of emergency and mobilization after the separatist Karabakh region. “Conflicts can move beyond the border of the two countries. It could turn into a regional crisis. We are ready to go all the way,” he said.

Information note: Armenia also attacked the border city of Tovuz in Azerbaijan on July 12. Experts stressed that the attacks on the Tovuz region, through which the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP), the South Caucasus Pipeline, the Baku-Supsa Oil Pipeline, the Baku and Tbilisi-Ceyhan Pipeline pass, were not coincidental.

“Armenians attacked not only military positions, but also civilian settlements. Unfortunately, we have lost lives among the civilian population. The Azerbaijani army began to give the necessary response. We will never target the civilian Armenian people. We will not hold talks with the separatist Karabakh administration under any circumstances. Our interlocutor is Armenia,” he said.

The National Assembly of Azerbaijan declared a “state of war” in 19 provinces and districts, including the capital Baku. The resolution partially and temporarily restricts constitutional rights and freedoms and property rights, while imposing curfews in some areas.

Announcing to his audience the news that some villages had been liberated from the Armenian occupation, the Azerbaijani announcer could not hold back tears. ” Some of our lands have been freed from occupation, “said Jala Hasanli, the TV announcer of the Azerbaijani Channel Ictimai, whose voice trembled and his eyes were filled when he announced,” Let our eyes be enlightened.”

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg’s Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia, James Appathurai, said in a written statement that NATO is deeply concerned about the conflicts on the front line in Nagorno-Karabakh. Noting civilian casualties, Appathurai said ” the parties must urgently stop the clashes.” “The parties must restart negotiations for a peaceful solution, ” Appathurai said, stressing that there could be no military solution to the dispute.

The beginning of violent clashes on the Azerbaijan-Armenia border has mobilized Russia. Russian President Vladimir Putin, who spoke by phone with Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, expressed “deep concern over the conflicts” and noted that “military steps must stop,” according to a Kremlin statement. “The News points to a serious military escalation in the region, ” the Russian Foreign Ministry said. We have learned that there have been civilian casualties on both sides. As Russia, we call on the parties to immediately declare a ceasefire and start bilateral talks,” he said.

The EU has called for an urgent cessation of hostilities on the Azerbaijan-Armenia front line. ” The EU calls for an immediate cessation of hostilities, a reduction in tensions and a strict observation of the ceasefire, ” EU High Representative Josep Borrell said, noting that it is of urgent importance that the parties return to negotiations without preconditions under the auspices of the Organization for security and cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Minsk Group.

Condemning the civilian deaths and calling for an immediate end to the violence, the United Nations (UN) also called on the parties to reduce tensions and return to negotiations without delay.

The United States called on Armenia and Azerbaijan to put an immediate end to the conflict. “The United States strongly condemns the escalation of violence,” the State Department said in a statement, offering condolences to the families of those who lost their lives. In a statement, the US Deputy Secretary of state met with the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia, warning the parties to work with the Minsk Group. France, the United States and Russia took on a mediation role within the “Minsk Group” to find a solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, but the negotiations were inconclusive in 2010.

German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas, who was quarantined on suspicion of Korona, said: “I was alarmed by the news of the intense conflict. I call on the parties to stop all conflicts, above all the firing on villages and cities as soon as possible. The conflict in the Nagorno-Karabakh region can only be resolved through negotiation. Armenia and Azerbaijan must immediately end the conflicts and return to the existing negotiations,” he said.

“France reiterates its commitment to reach a diplomatic and lasting solution with Russian and American partners and is deeply concerned about large-scale conflicts,” the French Foreign Ministry said.