Yerevan, Armenia – The clashes, which began when massacring Armenian attacked Azerbaijan, entered their 37th day. Genocidal Armenia, which suffered a heavy defeat on the field, dared to threaten Turkey and Azerbaijan with its latest statement. “Turkey and Azerbaijan are waiting for new surprises,” a spokesman for the occupying Armenian Defense Ministry said.
The massacring Armenian forces targeted civilian settlements in Azerbaijan on 27 September and launched a missile attack. After this attack, Azerbaijan, which began to defend itself, neutralized Armenian elements in the field during the 37-day period. Desperate in the face of Azerbaijan’s attacks, Armenian soldiers fled the front lines, while the Armenian administration asked for a truce 3 times and violated 3 of them.
Finally, an agreement was reached between the two countries that civilian targets would not be hit, while the occupying Armenia did not adhere to this Agreement and continued to target civilian settlements in Azerbaijan. 21 people were killed in an attack by occupying Armenia on Berde. Amnesty International has portrayed Armenia as committing war crimes and using cluster bombs in attacks.
Despite this, no state stood against genocidal Armenia, while the situation that disturbed the international public was the warplanes located in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that the planes are not being used, while the massacre stressed that the planes can take off if Armenia is given any support.
Turkey has stood by Azerbaijan since the first day of the conflict and stressed that it will continue to support it in every process. After all the developments, Armenia also took the front against Turkey, while a threatening statement came from the occupying Armenians. “Turkey and Azerbaijan are waiting for new surprises,” said Artsrun Hovhannisyan, a spokesman for the Armenian Defense Ministry.
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev said there was no case for Russia to intervene in his statement on the ongoing conflict in Karabakh.
Aliyev, who made statements after talking to Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, said that the letter written by occupying Armenian leader Nikos Pashinyan to Russian leader Vladimir Putin “is a signal that he accepts defeat.
On Saturday morning, Pashinyan had written to Putin, calling for an “urgent” start of consultations to ensure security for them. “Azerbaijan conducts its military operations within its territory and has no military plans for the territory of Armenia,” Aliyev said.
“If the conflicts begin to take place directly on Armenia’s territory, Russia will provide all necessary assistance,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Saturday, calling on the two sides to stop the clashes.
Russia has a military base in occupied Armenia and a defense agreement with Armenia.
Aliyev stated that the defense agreement is invalid because Nagorno-Karabakh is considered Azerbaijani territory under international law.
“If it reaches the territory of Armenia, “the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement. According to international law, Nagorno-Karabakh, which belongs to Azerbaijan, is ruled by ethnic Armenians. The sides have often faced off for the region for many years.
More than 200 people have been killed so far in the clashes, which began on 27 September.